Microneedling with PRP or without is one of the most popular procedures at Georgia Dermatology’s Med Spa. This procedure is also known as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT). It is a minimally invasive way to quickly boost the skin’s collagen and elastin production, two natural substances that are key to skin rejuvenation. If you are truly interested in combating signs of aging, microneedling is a procedure you should be doing. If you are truly interested in maintaining or regaining youthful looking skin, this is the procedure for you!
Types of Microneedling
Because each patient has unique skin and aging concerns, our licensed eestheticians will examine your skin and recommend a course of treatment.
- Microneedling with Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP): Microneedling is known to promote elastin and collagen growth, however; when combined with PRP, the results can be dramatic. Befor the treatment begins, blood is drawn from your body (usually your arm), and while your face is numbing for the microneedling procedure, the blood is spun to separate the PRP. The platelets are akin to stem cells and contain hundreds of proteins, called growth “factors,” which promote clotting, cell growth, and healing, and are especially beneficial in tightening skin on the face. The prepared PRP solution is applied to the treatment area before and after treatment to ensure that it fully absorbs.
- Microneedling with Vitamin C Serum: Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant used for a variety of medical and aesthetic treatments. This super rich serum works in tandem with microneedling to clarify, brighten and improve the appearance of scars. While this procedure is beneficial for many patients, it does not promote elastin or collagen growth on the same level as PRP.
- Basic Microneedling: Patients don’t have to combine this award winning technology with PRP or Vitamin C serum to get great results. For best on-going results, we suggest a treatment be done every seven weeks. For those who wish to treat deep wrinkles or acne scars, more sessions performed at shorter intervals are recommended.
No matter which microneedling procedure you choose, you can expect to experience the following dermal improvements:
- Reduction of wrinkles and fine lines
- Firming up of sagging skin
- Restored plumpness to skin
- Diminishes acne and surgical scars
- Reduces the appearance of stretch marks
- Can prevent early signs of aging
- Brightens skin for a more youthful flow
About the Procedure
In order to perform this skin treatment, Georgia Dermatology Med Spa uses a SkinPen. This is a handheld, medical-grade device, which is the only FDA cleared microneedling device on the market. Microneedling can be safely and effectively performed on the face, neck, hands, and décolleté or chest area.
First, our aesthetician will apply a topical anesthetic cream to the skin to ensure there is no discomfort. Then, the pen is rolled on the skin’s surface to puncture and trigger the release of growth factors that stimulate collagen and elastin. During the procedure, a person will feel as though a fine-grade sandpaper is being rubbed on their skin. The reciprocating needle tip moves very rapidly, reducing discomfort, along with the help of an application of hydrating gel. Different needle lengths are available depending on the desired results.
Patient will receive a complimentary SkinPen + SkinFuse Treatment Kit to use at home.
Treatment takes between 30 and 60 minutes to complete, depending upon the surface area size being worked on.
Immediately after the procedure and upon leaving Georgia Dermatology Center, the skin that was treated will appear as though it is sunburned. The redness can last anywhere from two to four days, with some patients seeing their skin return to normal within 24-hours. Using high-quality skin care products provided by Alexander Gross, M.D. and his staff will help in speeding up the healing time.
Results Are Timeless
Depending on what you’re using microneedling with PRP for, your results may be different—but ultimately, the procedure comes with timeless benefits for any type of skin. Tight pores and lifted skin can last for months, but if you’re targeting age spots or acne scars, over time microneedling with PRP will smooth out divots and imperfections, leaving flawless, lovely skin that keeps improving months after the procedure.
Alexander Gross, M.D. at Georgia Dermatology Center supervises all the cosmetic procedures performed by their medical estheticians. In addition, their medical spa provides all of the current, top-notch, minimally invasive procedures such as microdermabrasion, FotoFacial, BBL, facials and peels to rejuvenate skin.